Technical Specifications for Publishers
Size and weight
||Maximum file size
Animation length (Maximum play)
|Maximum frame rate
||User-initiated (click required)
(Please check requirements for Rich Media1)
IMPORTANT: Not all sizes are offered. Please check with sales representatives if you will be creating banners out of IAB standards.
- Creatives may not exceed a 40 KB initial load. Additional load must be "polite" and may not exceed 80 KB.
- Creatives may not expand beyond ad unit boundaries unless they are Rich Media ads built according to the specifications described under the section "Expandable" below.
- All creatives must be free of applications including, but not limited to, ActiveX, viruses, exit pops, spyware, and malware.
- 3rd party ads containing Flash must not exceed 50 % of a user's CPU. Common causes of high CPU use are continued animation, heavy animation sequences, and animation that surpasses the 30-second limit. If applicable, you can use the Task Manager feature in Windows to check for compliance with this rule.
- Creative coding may not use cross-domain scripting or set cookies in unapproved domains.
- All creatives must open in new windows. The target window for the click-through URL must be set to "_blank" so the click-through will open in a new window. Do not leave the “target” statement undeclared.
- Creatives must be built to use Flash versions 4 through 9 using Action Script 2.0 format (or earlier with a maximum 18 FPS).
- A SWF file should be accompanied by a GIF creative (default image). If the browser doesn't support the Flash version used for your creative, the default image will be served.
- The last frame of the animation must include the following code in ActionScript: "stop()".
- The clickTag layer must be included and should be the topmost layer.
- A maximum of two clickTags in a single creative should be used.
- Creatives must support generic click tracking.
- 3rd party served Flash ads must be have a “WMODE” set to "transparent" in their object/embed code.
- 3rd party served Flash ads using CSS style should not include “z-index” parameter.
||Maximum file size
|728x90 to 728x270
||Up or down
||50K, 1.2MB polite
||Panels must contain a prominent "close" X, in 16 pt font (or larger) on the corner of the unit.
|160x600 to 320x600
||Left or right
|300x250 to 600x250
*REDUX Media does not host any flash files for expanding ad units. Please forward raw java script tags.
We do not accept any expanding units unless they include the following:
a) They must expand on rollover or click, NOT on download of the unit and they must snapback when you mouse off the unit.
b) "Close" X on the edge of the original unit (upper right or left).
c) z-index must be set to below 40.
d) Expand buster server side file required.
e) Expandable panel cannot have a transparent background.
f) All expandable standard ad sizes must be 3rd party served.
IMPORTANT: Please note that not all Redux publishers currently accept expandables. Therefore please consult your sales representative BEFORE creative execution.
- We accept IFRAME tags.
- We accept in-banner surveys, but no floating layers or pop-ups.
- 3rd party tags must be allowed for click tracking by our ad server via a click URL macro or redirect.
- All creatives must function uniformly on both MAC and PC formats as well as multiple browser versions of Netscape, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Mozilla.
- Audio permitted but it must be user-initiated, on click.
- All creatives must be designed with a solid background color to avoid unwanted color conflicts with the displaying page.
- Please notify Redux Media before making creative swap. Campaigns running creatives which do not meet specs WILL be paused.
- All ads, including those running through 3rd party code, must be submitted to Redux Media for approval and implementation.
- Advertisers should contact Redux Media at least one (1) business day before rotating new ads into an existing ad campaign and provide those new ads for review.
- Submit all creatives to your Sales representative.
||Number of required business days prior to the campaign launch
||3 to 5
|Rich media ads
||5 to 6
|Premium positions, Sponsorships or Interstitials
||Please contact your account manager to confirm
IMPORTANT: Please note that any delay in creative submission will result in a delay of campaigns launching.
1Rich Media refers to everything which is not standard GIF file, like Flash, expandables, etc.